Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Putting Myself on Blast -- 147 Pounds

There, I said it. I weigh 147 pounds -- 15 more pounds than I weighed just 6 months ago. I needed to disclose the number to myself and to you in order to feel embarrassed about it and propel myself into action; Because truth be told, I really believe that I carry this 147 pounds pretty well. But its just not healthy and its not what I want for myself. I'm not going to pretend that being "big-boned", "thick" and all the other euphemisms that we as black folk use to describe what really is fat is healthy for me. Well, to paraphrase an old Chinese proverb, "a One Thousand mile journey begins with the first step," and the first step for me is being honest with myself about my weight. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

147 isn't so bad. I've just spent the past 6 months losing 45 pounds to get to 147 and I am totally celebrating right now!